Monday, August 6, 2007

Configuring TVersity Media Server with PlayStation 3

I recently configured TVersity to stream video's, music, and pictures to my new PlayStation 3. In the process, I ran into a couple hangups, and here's one that you might encounter. Hope this helps!

Problem:
I learned how to browse the Library (of course, my learning here was the problem). The problem I had was when I clicked on some movies, I'd get an error back saying this: Error loading this video, please make sure TVersity is running, the video exists and can be converted to a flash video. Are you missing a directshow filter? (see screenshot below).



Just a few notes about my setup:
  • Athlon 3700, 2GB RAM
  • nVidia 6800 GPUs
  • Windows Vista, Premium Edition
  • TVersity Version 0.9.10.7

After the initial installation and configuration, I tried to launch TVersity. All worked fine, I figured out how to add content - it's actually pretty simple once you navigate around the application...

Workaround:
Check to see if the media server is able to render the video on your PS3. In my case, it was. This error was being displayed on my computer console only.

No comments: