Thursday, August 2, 2007

Can't get a good game for the PS3?


Woohoo! I finally landed a PS3. I've been thinking about getting one for a while but never managed to bring myself to my local Best Buy and shell out the six hundred bucks, finally someone else did. But, that was right after Sony decided to discount the discontinued 60gb PS3 by $100. Great deal, so long as GT4 still works on it.
This wedding gift will surely go to good use. But as a gaming console? Well, you'll have to wait and see.

So naturally I went looking for a good game and quickly realized there's nothing out there that I'd be willing to blow hours and hours playing. In fact, take a look for yourself... according to gamespot.com, here are the top rated PS3 games. A few good ones, but the list is lacking the big blockbuster games -- don't you think? Like Halo (for XBOX), Gran Turismo (for PS2), or Final Fantasy.
So this isn't something that's going unnoticed by the PS3 console owners. No doubt Sony is feeling a great deal of pain, and especially after the Grand Theft Auto IV delay (until March or April of 2008). This, after the delay of GT4, will hardly offset whatever increase they see in units sold with the price reduction of the 60gb model. Game Publisher Take Two has got to be feeling some pressure, especially now that the new management team is in place.
I've decided I'm going to hold off for a bit and play rented games. Like VirtuaFighter 5. I rented it from my local BlockBuster for only $5.99 (Woohoo! Ripoff!). By the way, this Blockbuster happens to be one of the BlockBuster's not participating in stocking Blue-ray Hi Def movies. Watch out for this Blockbuster on Kanan and Thousand Oaks Blvd. in Agoura Hills.

No comments: