Friday, July 27, 2007

Honeymoon in Hawaii, day two.

To wrap up from yesterday: the restaurant where we ate dinner, Azul, was nothing short of amazing. We both we left with a great feeling leaving the restaurant. I had originally planned on ordering a rack of lamb, which wasn't available, and I would have to say I was glad it wasn't because the pork chop I ended up ordering in its place was the best I've ever had. Our server, whose name escapes me right now (actually, Steward), was magnificant. He explained every item on our plate, to the ingredients in the dressing. He explained the pork was the pork version of Kobe beef. We ordered the 'Ahi 3-ways' to start things off, which was also decadant. Talia ordered swordfish for her meal, and again, was some of the most flavorful and tender I've ever tasted. All in all, we had the best service we've ever had along wit some of the best food we've ever had, so not bad. My hat goes off to the servers at Azul in a big way.




Today, we woke up at around 7am and shortly after headed to the resort Spa for our 9am appointments. Nice place that is. We both had facials on the menu for our visit.

After breakfast we went back for a quick workout. Talia went to the lap pool and ended up in the aqua class while I worked on my biceps. We otherwise spent the day at the main resort pool, where Talia managed to get quite burned. Unpleasantly so, and we decided to move the Luau to later in the week so we could hang out in the room and avoid the sun. That's where we fell asleep for a little over an hour. I must have been tired because I usually don't fall asleep while watching movies...

No comments: